Elspeth is an experienced commercial litigator, with particular expertise in resolving insurance, property and commercial disputes. Elspeth has acted on the following matters:
- Advising on insurance policy response to insurance claims;
- Acting as defence counsel for insureds where claims covered by professional indemnity, material damage, business interruption and/or statutory liability policies;
- Defence counsel for parties to professional disciplinary proceedings involving the New Zealand Law Society, Real Estate Agents Authority, and Valuers Registration Board;
- Counsel in numerous weathertight and construction disputes;
- Counsel on appeal for landlord in successful claim against City Council for reinstatement damages;
- Counsel for national organisation of health practitioners in judicial review proceedings;
- Counsel in commercial property proceedings involving commercial lease and construction issues.
- Estate disputes.
Prior to joining Mahony Burrowes Horner, Elspeth was a partner at Morrison Kent Wellington and began her legal career in Morrison Kent’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution team in 1999. Elspeth is a member of the New Zealand Insurance Law Association, LADUCA, New Zealand Society of Construction Law and Insol NZ.